Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Live Chat

Board index » Nessus » The Arts

Post subject: As requested...the art of Blackmass
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:36 am 

These few examples are from my current series of paintings and should resonate well with those of you on this board. They are from a tarot deck/system I am creating from a Luciferian/Satanic perspective...these paintings represent the dual essence of both Luciferic and Satanic thought/psychology and through which reflect these aspects of the readers/viewers true nature/will. Based on the readers attraction/repulsion to each image/card a window into the individuals id/ego is opened and hidden truths exposed.

The cards and system are not directly to be used for divination but rather introspection and as an xray into the psyche of others. These are not your typical "Satanic" images...So don't go expecting another H.R Giger ripoff, or Chet Zar, M. Hussar...or many of the current or past "Satanic" artists. My work is the work of an evolved Satanist and cannot be categorized as typical of the genre......See for yourself I welcome your comments and criticism...but most of all would love to hear your interpretations...consider it research for my tarot system....
many examples of my work and Tattoo work are in my pics section on my myspace if you wish to see more.

www.myspace.com/shawnhumiston
Ave' Satanas, Ave' Luciferi
999/666
BlackMass (AKA..Shawn)
ALl art/images are copywritten by SHawn Du Val Humiston and cannot be used, published, printed or copied without the artist's express written permission...any violation of this copyright will result in legal action....(Sorry to be so formal..but it must be stated)

"Lamb Sandwich" S.H 2008

"The Wishmaster" S.H 2008

"The Great Masturbator" S.H. 2008

"In the Garden of Good and Evil" S.H. 2006

Post subject: Re: As requested...the art of Blackmass
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:14 am 

This is not part of the Opus Diabloi/tarot series..however I think you may REALLY appreciate this one...it is an actual working curse...inscribed around the frame is the 14th enochian key as written in the Satanic Bible...The image is representative of a new interpretation of Baphomet...the main figure encompases the image of Beezlebub instead of the sabbatic goat although the head of baphomet is subliminially hidden in the chest of the central figure....in his belly the symbol of sulfur/brimstone...representing man. The lord of the flies sits atop a tentacled lotus representing Leviathan. in his two lowered hands are bolines dripping with blood...(a sacrifice to Leviathan and Belial.) (My actual blood is on the tip of each blade!) In his right hand he holds a silver chalice pouring blood..etched in the chalice is the symbol of Lucifer...(a sacrifice to Lucifer.) In his left hand he holds 3 lightning bolts these represent the power, wrath, and might of Satan. written down each forearm is the word "vindictae" vengeance in Latin. Beelzlbub has the black flame atop his head ( 666 is hidden in flame pattern) illuminating a pentagram halo behind him...finally Leviathan holds the symbolic 14th Key in his tentacle...foreshadowing the opening of the Abyss/Hell and the destruction of my enemies.
Oh and destroy my intended enemy it has...and is continuing to do so...ritualizing art is VERY powerful!!!!!!

ENJOY

"The 14th Key" S.H 2008
from the private collection of Christopher Ulrich

999/666
BlackMass

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:19 am 
Libertine VI

Blackmasslbc wrote:
...They are from a tarot deck/system I am creating from a Luciferian/Satanic perspective...these paintings represent the dual essence of both Luciferic and Satanic thought/psychology and through which reflect these aspects of the readers/viewers true nature/will. Based on the readers attraction/repulsion to each image/card a window into the individuals id/ego is opened and hidden truths exposed.

The cards and system are not directly to be used for divination but rather introspection and as an xray into the psyche of others. ...

Hmm, Satanic Rorschach tests??
I just have a quick question actually...

Though its an interesting idea, I wonder if you could explain the type of research you have done into psychology that would allow you to properly interpret people's reactions to your artwork in the manner you describe? Do you have a degree in this area apart from your artistic career?

Introspection (looking into your own psyche) can be done by simply listening to your own emotions and thinking about their root causes, but delving into the psyche of others can be a dangerous thing with a clumsy hand.

I just wondered if you could further explain the intriguing idea behind your tarot deck.

www.myspace.com/lyriasdungeon

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:34 am 

oh..one more interesting bit of info..well 2 more...firstly I apologize for the obscuring of the enochian key/text due to cropping...(you may find it in the Satanic Bible if you wish to know) however it was my intention... as the viewing of this working curse my have ill affects on those who fall under it's influence...to see this painting in person is dangerous for those foolish enough to read the words.... it is ominous @ 5 feet by 5 feet and reeks of my wrath and destructive will.

This painting was finished during the act of a destruction ritual and recitation/vibration of the 14th enochian key with extreme emotional connection...and was sealed with my own blood @ the rituals culmination.....it is a complete dedication to and conjuration of all four crown princes of Hell as well as Baphomet and Beelzebub. BTW I have never explained this painting or it's process to anyone in as much depth or detail.....so I hope you appreciate it.

You can purchase prints etc of this and other work @ my zazzle store front...a link is on my profile page @ my myspace
www.myspace.com/shawnhumiston

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:23 am 

well Lyria..as per your question I will do my best to clarify things...

Fist let me correct my poor spelling...it is "OPUS DIABOLI" the work of the devil....No I do not have a psychology degree...I have been educated while in college in the realms of human psychology..as well as ethical/moral psychology, and social psychology...I also studied Astronomy, sociology, anthropology, and theology while attending college. On a personal level I have learned an immense amount about the human psyche through experience and study...much like Anton LaVey did.

Did'nt you hear? Tattooistis and bartenders are defacto therapists...lol and I've heard it all in 20 years as a tattooist and seen/done alot of good and a hell of lot more of worse in 38 on this Earth. Anyway....all that aside...

I think I may have not explained my deck clearly enough to avoid confusion so...let me try to do better.

The deck is not intended as a divination deck, though does work as such given my newly devloped spread/layout....it is intended for the user to unlock his or her own psyche...to expose ones own fears, perversions, hypocrisies, weaknesses, etc....it is not a positive deck... you do not read it to be happy, you read it to be enlightened to the darkness within yourself, so that you may confront it, accept it, and use it....the images and system must be used in tandem to be a divination tool..however the paintings work as a negated psychic mirror regardless.

However again I must state that it does work to read others..if even in basic ways..the more powerful the reader at percieving insight and reading human behavior the more accurate the reading will be...I have been working on this system..prior to any artwork for nearly 2 years..and based on my experiences with it...it tends to be very accurate either way you decide to use it...but it's intent is based on personal discovery.....in time I would love to explain the system or teach it to you...however at this point due to copyright issues etc as lame as it sounds I need to withold finite proprietary details

Keep in mind it is not complete it is a work in progress and has thus far spanned two years plus in development and will likely take that much more to complete...Like any tarot deck/reading take it for what it's worth...if you believe in it and choose to see value in it then it will have value and benefit...if you think it's crap it's crap...flush it....

So, the Question is Lyria what did you think?..what did you see?...What did you hate or dislike?...What affected you or bored you?.....these are the questions....this is only four paintings....
I do not doubt that a Libertine 3 should be able to dissect these paintings and express their findings clearly, concisely and truthfully...but I'd appreciate even if you picked just one...as I said..indulge me..humor me....consider it aiding me in the refining of my system..market research if you will...lol..
I really would appreciate it!!!!!

BlackMass

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:00 pm 

Blackmasslbc wrote:
These few examples are from my current series of paintings and should resonate well with those of you on this board. They are from a tarot deck/system I am creating from a Luciferian/Satanic perspective...these paintings represent the dual essence of both Luciferic and Satanic thought/psychology and through which reflect these aspects of the readers/viewers true nature/will. Based on the readers attraction/repulsion to each image/card a window into the individuals id/ego is opened and hidden truths exposed.

The cards and system are not directly to be used for divination but rather introspection and as an xray into the psyche of others. These are not your typical "Satanic" images...So don't go expecting another H.R Giger ripoff, or Chet Zar, M. Hussar...or many of the current or past "Satanic" artists. My work is the work of an evolved Satanist and cannot be categorized as typical of the genre......See for yourself I welcome your comments and criticism...but most of all would love to hear your interpretations...consider it research for my tarot system....
many examples of my work and Tattoo work are in my pics section on my myspace if you wish to see more.

http://www.myspace.com/shawnhumiston
999/666
BlackMass (AKA..Shawn)
ALl art/images are copywritten by SHawn Du Val Humiston and cannot be used, published, printed or copied without the artist's express written permission...any violation of this copyright will result in legal action....(Sorry to be so formal..but it must be stated)

"Lamb Sandwich" S.H 2008

This one is awesome never seen it before, really nice art

Board index » Nessus » The Arts