Eighteen Satanic Virtues
Eighteen Satanic Virtues (as outlined in Ophidian Suitheism) give the Satanist a framework upon which to build their own divinity. While there are foundational characteristics outlined here, the virtues open the student up to ponder his or her own evolution by posing the question, “How have I lived today?” It is there that the Satanist will build upon the benchmark virtues and thereby build upon themselves.
The MCoS has established a two-tier system to assist members in their journey on the Left Hand Path. This system is based upon a combination of modern education and the occult organizations of the past. It is a personal path, measured only against yourself.
Nine Points of Mastery
This is a meditation on the Ophidian Way of obtaining the necessary perspective one must have to enter into higher Satanic understanding. Within the realm of Ophidian Suitheistic thought, each Satanist is the sole creator of the universe he/she dwells in. Each universe exists within the multiverse that became known as the Ophidian Coil. Some awake to that reality and shape it as they wish, and others go through life without ever considering the possibility. Neither is correct or incorrect. There are only productive and counter-productive thoughts/actions for each Satanist. It is up to the individual to decide what is possible for him/herself. The core tenets of the Ophidian Way are the Nine Points of Mastery. These are not commandments and they are not all relevant to every Satanist.
1. For the individual, living ceases to exist upon the death of the Self. Therefore if the individual enjoys living, the most important thing for the individual is its own life--thus the god of the individual is the Self.
2. All actions are either productive or counterproductive according to the perception of the individual. Therefore good and evil do not exist but only in the mind of the individual.
3. A thing only has meaning if it is given meaning by the individual. Therefore the only meaning to life is what the individual bestows upon it.
4. The individual is free to decide whether to act or not to act. Therefore the destiny of the individual depends solely upon the individual.
5. The experience of pain and strife are not necessary in order to teach or understand a truth or principle. Therefore there is no great purpose for human suffering.
6. All beliefs are the construction of fallible creatures. Therefore all beliefs must be questioned.
7. Faith is to believe that which has not been verified. Therefore no truth can be found through faith but only through reason.
8. The Self is partially the sum of all its experiences, its ego and identity--the body is merely a tool of the Self. Therefore immortality cannot be solely achieved through immortalizing the body but only through sustaining the Self indefinitely.
9. The Self is the Center Point of Consciousness. Therefore all are paradoxically the creators of reality.**
*Here we allow metaphysics and esotericism to come into play for those who desire it. For the esoteric Satanist, there must be a way of explaining the unexplained without compromising integrity. One can acknowledge that there are things/events that may appear supernatural, but still have a place in the rational world. Refer to the Matrix of Consciousness.
**Evidence of the truth of the ninth statement is found within the writings of David Bohm, Michael Talbot, Amit Goswami, Stanislav Grof, Karl Pribram and others.
Page : 1